Posted in News on Tuesday, June 30, 2020 by The Beachcomber Tours Correspondent
Our commitment to our guests
At Beachcomber Resorts & Hotels, ensuring a safe and healthy environment for our Guests and Artisans has always been of the utmost importance. This is clearly set out in our Safety & Health Policy and forms part of our numerous safety protocols and procedures.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we have implemented heightened standards and safeguards ahead of the reopening of our resorts. Our Group teamed up with LIBA, an ISO 17025 accredited international bioanalytical laboratory, to assure all stakeholders of the safety and hygiene practices and measures we have in place through our SAFE PLACE label.
We wish to reassure our partners, teams and holidaymakers that we are providing them with the safest environment, fully compliant to sanitary measures set up by local authorities, World Health Organization recommendations and industry best practices.
Safe Guest Journey
Enhanced hygiene measures are in place in all Beachcomber resorts through clear protocols that strictly comply with World Health Organization recommendations and local sanitary regulations.
The Guest Journey has been redesigned to promote safe and unforgettable experiences.
Over the years the Group has been actively engaged in implementing an array of health and safety measures, such as HACCP certification of its hotels, annual legionella risk assessments, continuous water quality testing and annual air quality monitoring by SGS and QuantiLab.
The SAFE PLACE label provides an additional guarantee that Mauritius remains the world’s best holiday destination for its quality of service and beautiful natural environment as well as the high level of safety offered to holidaymakers during their stay.
TRANSFER TO HOTEL
- Our transport services and partners follow reinforced, precautionary measures with vehicles cleaned and disinfected prior to each trip.
- Wearing a mask throughout the transfer is mandatory.
- The windows will be kept open during the transfer.
- All transfer staff will be vaccinated as well as their immediate family members.
ART OF CARING | General
- Hand sanitiser at main entrances of all common areas.
- Guests are reminded of social distancing measures through clear floor markings and signage at strategic locations.
- Face masks must be worn at all times except when guests are at the pool, on the beach, or seated in the bar or a restaurant.
- Nightclubs will not be operational.
- Access to the golf courses will be allowed. Golfers can use an approved vehicle if required to access the course and use of a golf cart is permitted. Tourists and locals will be allocated separate days on the golf course.
- Kids’ and teens’ clubs will be operational in strict compliance with sanitary protocols.
- All key high-touch points in guest areas are sanitised multiple times a day with the use of electrostatic disinfectant sprayers.
- All our Artisans have undergone medical screening, are monitored daily, are trained and are equipped with the required personal protective equipment for service.
- Availability of an infirmary in the hotel with a nursing officer or doctor on call.
- Temperature checks may be required.
- Our Safe Place champions are available to provide any further assistance to Guests and explain the protocols.
ART OF WELCOME | Arrival and Check-In
- A warm welcome from our team with our porter who will sanitise guests' luggage before being placed in the room.
- Check-in formalities within our spacious lobby with preserved social distancing and hygiene practices.
- All key cards are appropriately disinfected.
ART OF LIVING | Your Room
- Prior to arrival, rooms will be deep cleaned and disinfected, with particular attention to all contact points.
- Disinfecting wipes are placed in each guest's room.
- We take extra care to meet our guests’ individual requirements. Generally, one Artisan will enter the room daily for cleaning, unless requested otherwise.
- Digital room directory, brochures and menu cards are available in rooms via QR codes.
- Paper collateral generally available on request.
ART OF HOSTING | Restaurants & Bars
- We have adapted the layout to allow compliance with social distancing guidelines; seating arrangements have been redesigned to keep adequate space between tables.
- Tables and chairs are sanitised before and after each use.
- Menu and bill folders are also sanitised between each use.
- A la carte service prioritised over self-service buffets.
- Buffet service will only be available at live cooking stations with food plating.
- Safe, contactless room service delivery will be available on request.
- Room service menus have been reviewed to ensure a wider choice, featuring some of our local delights.
POOLS & BEACHES
- Beach towels are available directly in the room or provided to guests by the beach attendant.
- Our sunbeds are generously spaced to maintain social distancing on the beach; they are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
ART OF WELLBEING | Spa
- Bookings required and guests having cold/flu-like symptoms should not come for treatment; our 24-hour cancellation notice period shall be waived.
- We request our Spa guests to take a shower before coming in for a treatment.
- All our therapists will wear face masks and hand sanitisers are available in each treatment room.
- Complete cleaning and disinfection routine followed between each cabin use.
- Steam bath facilities (Hammam and Sauna) may not be available.
ART OF FITNESS | Sports Facilities
- Booking slots with limited number of guests allowed at any one time within our fitness centre studios and classes.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection will take place.
- Guests are required to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- We will prioritise outdoor activities practiced in spacious areas.
- Guests suffering from flu-like symptoms would not be allowed to participate.
- Numbers will be limited on the ski platform and in group activities such as glass-bottom boat excursions.
- Private lessons are on hold for the time being.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and accessories after use, with particular attention to lifejackets, snorkelling gear and key high-touch areas.
ART OF ENTERTAINING | Kids Club
- As usual, parents are required to submit the registration form; kids exhibiting flu-like symptoms will not be admitted.
- Staffing ratio per age group categories will be applicable.
- Activities per age group will be spread across different areas, promoting outdoor locations.
- Kids will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Kids may wear their own face mask provided there is no risk of misuse.
- Kids Club area and toys cleaned and disinfected at frequent intervals.
ART OF ELEGANCE | Boutiques
- Our boutiques will welcome a reduced number of guests at any one time and clothes tried on by guests will be steam cleaned before being placed back on display.
- No exchange policy will be applied.
DEPARTURE | Check-Out
- A contactless check out is also possible as a pre-departure bill can be sent by email.