Posted in News on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 by The Beachcomber Tours Correspondent
At Beachcomber Resorts & Hotels, ensuring a safe and healthy environment for our Guests and Artisans has always been of the utmost importance. This is clearly set out in our Safety & Health Policy and through our heightened Safety Standards that are in place.
We wish to reassure our partners, teams and holidaymakers alike that we are providing them with the safest environment, fully compliant with sanitary measures set up by local authorities, WHO recommendations and industry best practices.
Safe Place Label
The Group has been actively engaged over the years implementing an array of health and safety measures, such as HACCP certification of its hotels, annual legionella risk assessments, continuous water-quality testing and annual air-quality monitoring by SGS and QuantiLab. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Beachcomber has partnered with LIBA, an ISO 17025 accredited international bioanalytical laboratory, to help confirm to all stakeholders, through our SAFE PLACE label, that the safety and hygiene practices are in place and verified. The SAFE PLACE label provides additional peace of mind to Guests when booking their stay in a Beachcomber hotel – our promise is an exclusive, safe and relaxing holiday experience.
- Enhanced hygiene measures are in place in all Beachcomber hotels through clear protocols which strictly comply with World Health Organization’s recommendations and local sanitary regulations. All key high-touch points in Guest areas are sanitised multiple times a day, both manually and with electrostatic sprayers.
- Social distancing is adhered to with a maximum number of guests allowed to attend certain activities at any one time. Guests are reminded of social distancing through strategically located floor markings.
- Hand sanitisers are available on reception desks in all common areas.
- The use of masks is required whenever walking within hotel’s public areas and in situations where close physical contact is inevitable. Masks are available at our infirmary, at reception and at the boutique for purchase.
- Availability of an infirmary on site with a Nursing Officer on duty; a Doctor is on call.
- Our Safe Place Champions are readily available to provide any further assistance to Guests and explain the sanitary protocols that are in place.
- PCR testing prior to departure, as per the requirements of airlines and home country, can be arranged directly at hotel.
- Guests will need to undergo PCR testing prior to their arrival and will be permitted to enter Mauritius based on the negative test result per passenger. Additionally, all adult tourists who are 18 years at time of travel will need to be fully vaccinated according to the Mauritius Government’s immigration criteria.
- Our Artisans’ health is monitored daily and those who are in contact with Guests have been vaccinated.
- Our Artisans are continually trained in hygiene protocols and all wear a mask and regularly sanitise their hands.
Beachcomber Resorts & Hotels has always been committed to the well-being of its guests. The Guest Journey has also been redesigned to promote a safe and unforgettable experience.
TRANSFER TO HOTEL
- Our transport services and partners follow strict precautionary measures with each vehicle being cleaned and disinfected prior to each trip.
- Wearing of masks in the airport, in the airport parking lot as well as throughout the journey is required by law.
ART OF WELCOME | Arrival and Check In
- A warm welcome from our team with our porter who will sanitise your luggage before it enters the room.
- Check-in formalities within our spacious lobby with social distancing and sanitiser available within easy reach.
- Online check in on your own device is possible, with contactless payment available.
- Artisans will ensure all key cards are appropriately disinfected.
ART OF LIVING | Your Room
- Prior to arrival, your room will have been deep cleaned and disinfected, with particular attention being given to all contact points.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available in all rooms.
- The aim is to have one Artisan servicing your room daily for cleaning, unless requested otherwise.
- A digital room directory, brochures and room service menus will be available in rooms via QR codes.
- Paper collateral is generally available on request.
ART OF HOSTING | Restaurants & Bars
- We have adapted the layout to allow compliance with social distancing guidelines; seating arrangements have been redesigned to keep adequate space between tables.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitised before and after use.
- Menus and bill folders will also be sanitised between each use.
- Buffet service, where available, will feature live cooking stations and food plating.
- Safe, contactless room service delivery will be available at the applicable cost if requested.
- Room service menus will offer a wider choice, featuring some of our local delights.
POOLS & BEACHES
- Beach towels will be available directly in the room.
- Sunbeds will be generously spaced out to maintain social distancing; they will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each use.
ART OF WELL-BEING | Spa
- Bookings are required and any Guests who are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms are asked to reschedule.
- We request our Spa guests to shower before coming in for a treatment.
- All our therapists will wear a mask and hand sanitisers will be available in each treatment room.
- Complete cleaning and disinfection will follow between each appointment.
- Steam bath facilities (Hammam and Sauna) will not be available.
ART OF FITNESS | Sports Facilities
- Booking slots will be made available with a limited number of Guests allowed at any one time within the sports facility/area.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection will take place.
- Guests are required to wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Our teams will prioritise outdoor activities practiced in spacious areas.
- Private coaching may not be available.
- As part of registration process, Guests suffering from flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to participate in activity.
- Number of Guests will be limited on ski platform and as part of group activities such as glass bottom boat excursions.
- Cleaning and disinfection of equipment after Guest use, with particular attention to lifejackets, snorkelling gear and key high-touch areas.
- Private lessons may not be available.
ART OF ENTERTAINING | Kids Club
- As usual, parents will be required to fill in and submit the registration form; kids who are experiencing flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to attend.
- Staffing ratio per age group categories will apply.
- Activities per age group would be spread across different areas, promoting outdoor locations.
- Kids will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
- Kids may wear their own mask provided there is no risk of misuse.
- Kids Club area and toys will be cleaned and disinfected at frequent intervals.
ART OF ELEGANCE | Boutiques
- Shopping in complete safety in our boutiques with reduced number of guests allowed in the area at any one time.
- Clothes tried on by guests will be put to one side and steam cleaned before being placed back on display.
- A ‘no change’ policy will be applied.
- Our Beachcomber Online Shopping is available for Guests’ comfort and enjoyment.
- Bookings required in advance.
- Golfers to use their own equipment.
- Golf carts are to be used individually, unless for members of the same family.
- Caddie Master (wearing a mask) will assist Guests and ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Flag handling is prohibited and holes are raised with anti-sink disks.
- Driving range area is spaced to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Number of Guests will be limited inside the Golf Pro Boutique.
DEPARTURE | Check Out
- A contactless check out is possible: a room account / pre-departure bill together with a secure payment link is available via email.